Might Danny and Charlie Meet In Dr. Sleep?


In 2009 Stephen King was asked by Star Tribune what books he'd like to revisit. King's said, "I'd like to go back to "Firestarter." She was 9 or 10 at the end of the book; she's probably in her 40s now. I'm always curious about Danny Torrance in "The Shining," what it was like to grow up with psychic talent, in an abusive family. I'd like to see them meet."

So, might Dr. Sleep include a romance?  Might the vicious vampires who want to suck Danny's powers be fedned off by a powerful woman who has the ability to fling fireballs with her eyes?  And what would their kids be like? . . .

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a sequel to "Firestarter"! There aren't too many King novels I'd say that about (including "The Shining," by the way), but I'd say it about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their kids would be demigods and scare the pants off the Crimson King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was convinced that the last few "Dark Tower" books would involve Roland drawing characters from other King novels, like Danny and Charlie and Jack Sawyer and who knows who else, and then using them to fight the Crimson King. I love the way the series DID end, but I've always been a little bummed out my prediction didn't come to pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember King saying that, and it would be interesting, but I'm not that excited about this novel...I'll still read it, and I could be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not big a sequel fan, especially of books that were written so long ago and are classics as stand-alone.

    ReplyDelete