Behind The Scenes: Bag Of Bones


www.liljas-library.com is directing readers to Stephen King's website for a behind the scenes peak at the A&E mini-series, "Bag Of Bones."

The four hour mini-series, which stars Pierce Brosnan, will air over two nights, December 11 and 12 at 9pm.  It is directed by King veteran Mick Garris.  Brosnan describes the special effects as "brilliant."  Like most clips of this nature, we get a lot of glimpses of the film itself, and it looks great!  In fact, it appears Garris is leaning toward the all out scary. 

King's website gives the following description of the mini-series:
“Bag of Bones” is a ghost story of grief and lost love's enduring bonds, about an innocent child caught in a terrible crossfire and a new love haunted by past secrets. Melissa George (“In Treatment”), Annabeth Gish (“Brotherhood”), Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgirls), William Schallert (“The Patty Duke Show”), Jason Priestley (“Beverly Hills, 90210”) and Caitlin Carmichael (“True Blood”) also star. 
Check out the video posted at stephenking.com.  There is an official site at: www.aetv.com/bag-of-bones

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. That looks really bad; about what I'd expect from the director of the miniseries version of "The Shining," but with lousy cinematography. At least "The Shining" looked good; this appears to have been filmed through a wool sock.

    I feel bad for Pierce Brosnan; this is the very definition of "slumming it," and James Bond should never have to slum it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think it looks like it will be well-done for a made-for-tv movie. I saw the miniseries version of The Shining and thought it was pretty ridiculous and poorly acted; I also saw Desperation and hated it, but Bag of Bones looks like it will be on a different level. I could be wrong, but I won't know until I watch it, I suppose. I don't expect it to hold completely true to the book, because movies very rarely do that, but I think it will be an enjoyable watch.

    ReplyDelete