In Search Of A "GREEN" Pet Sematary



The Miami Herald has an . . . interesting . . . question and answer in their "enviroment" section.  I'll post the question, and part of the answer, but you really should check out the whole thing over at Miami Herald.  Enjoy! 
Q: Much to my boyfriend's chagrin, at around this time of year I unearth my ever-expanding collection of horror movies. First up to bat is an old favorite, the 1989 adaptation of Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" (here's guessing I'll be having nightmares about Zelda for the next three weeks). Since last watching it, I've adopted two pet kitties that I love very much so I'm guessing, as a new pet owner, I'll be viewing the movie from a slightly different perspective. This isn't to say that if something horrible happens to Merle and Mona I'll be so overcome with grief that I'd consider throwing 'em in a burlap sack and heading on over to the local cursed Indian burial ground in hopes they'll be resurrected as zombie kittens. What I'm wondering is if there are any natural - and non-supernatural - burial alternatives for dearly departed pets? I know eco-sensitive burial methods are increasingly popular with humans, but what about for pets?
Here is the beginning of Matt Hickman's answer.
Funny you mention "Pet Sematary." I watched it at way too young of an age and convinced myself that the pet gerbils I had wrapped up in Kleenex and buried in the backyard of my childhood home would come back to life ... to get me. Thank goodness Teddy the family Shih Tzu was cremated and placed in a decorative urn on the mantle. Even my overactive imagination knew that there was no way that Teddy could come back - mad, mangy and with a chip on his furry little shoulder.
We are then given a guided tour of the nations green friendly pet burial options.  Ever tried ""Bio Cremation"?  I LIKE IT!  I LIKE IT A LOT!  Best of all, we are introduced to The Green Pet-Burial Society.

Anyone considered the Trashcan Man's method of pet burial?  I believe it is cremation -- but unclear on how Bio Friendly it is.

And to think, when I was ten, we just buried our dog in the back yard.

Now, for most of history animals have died in the wild, with no concern that the disposal of their bodies might not be eco friendly.  Maybe it's not the humans who are causing global warming, huh! Maybe it's all those careless animals, dying and not making sure they have a green burial. 

Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. check out www.respectgb.co.uk for green pet burials

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really horrifying and the movie really take the story into action!

    ReplyDelete