TWISTER


It's a dark and rainy night. After church our family hunkered down to watch a movie, and I convinced them that a great stormy night movie was Twister. Not much thinking needed here, just watch tornados rip up the American Midwest.
.
"Ahhh," my wife was thinking to herself, "alas, no Stephen King." (I think I wore them out on the eight hour mini series The Stand. Oh well, their loss.)
.
But, as we're watching Twister, my wife says, "Oh no! Look what's on the drive in movie screen." I look up from my computer to see a twister tearing through a drive in movie... and on the screen is Jack Nicholson wielding his ax. Sweet! Best part is watching Jacko get blown to smitherines by the tornado.
.
IMBD notes a this factual error: "The drive-in theatre is showing The Shining (1980), but the film jumps about an hour." Yeah, yeah, yeah -- who cares. I mean, Twister was made in 1996, so the real question is: Why are these people crowded in a drive in theater to watch a movie from 1980? Those midwest towns must really be dull! And we all know, all work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy.
.
By the way, here's the poll results from last weeks poll. question was: Which is better, Stephen King's the Shining or Kubrick's. You said:
3 -- Kubrick's version
10 -- King's Mini-Series
5 -- I like them both
2 -- I hate them both


No comments:

Post a Comment