How Do You Get Out Of The Dome?

I m couious how the residents of Chesters Mill will escape the Dome.

Remember the riddle:
Q: How do you get out of room with no windows and no doors -- just a table and a mirror.
A: You look in the mirror and see what you saw. You take the saw and cut the table in half. Two halves make one whole. Put the hole on the wall, and walk out.

How will Barbie walk out? So far, as I've read:
  • You can't crash your way out.
  • You can't shoot your way out. In fact, the bullet might bounce!
  • You can't use a cruise missle and just blow a hole in the dome. Though the description of the fires and the ride along with the missle was AWESOME! No writer has ever taken me on ride aboard a United States cruise missle. Sweet.
  • You can't use acid to cut a hole in the dome.

Of course, the reader knows that none of these ideas will work. Come on, this is not a spoiler -- when page 300 has a missle and it's a novel over a thousand pages! "Really, the missle worked, they got out on page 320 and the rest of the book was about Junior fleeing the authorities." I think not.

It is interesting the amount of dust and junk the Dome collects. Symbolic, of course, of planet earth, since "we all live under the dome." Also interesting that the initial "shock" from touching the Dome can go away. Meaning you can later touch it without effect.

So, please, share your ideas. How would you get out of the Dome? And none of you who know the answer (read the end of the book) give it away. My ideas:

  • Look in the mirror, see what you saw. . .
  • Beam me up Scotty
  • Find the source of the Dome and blow it up.
  • Become good friends with David Copperfield (the magician) and hve him make you disappear. Or better yet, that kid from Tommyknockers... oh wait, not better yet! I just remembered where he sent his brother.

Okay, I have no good ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Just finished Under The Dome, and I really have to say: It disappointed me the most. I have already said: Stephen King seems to not know how to write a good ending, and this one is the same thing.
    Of course, I'm not going to tell you the ending but if you did end it up, please let me know.
    Come on, doing such a stupid like that they did was idiot and non-sense!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have issues with Under The Dome, too. But it involves Characters. I'll write a post on it later... but, suffice to say, big Jim's character makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete