Car Name


Just put this under strange. . .
.
Gary Dickson at the Lake County Record Bee has an article on names people give their cars. Seriously. Now, I've never named a car. I tried, but my daughters wanted to name the car such girly names that I gave up. My brother in law named his car "War." Not a girls name -- but after a funny FDR quote that I will not repeat here.
.
Dickson notes, "Stephen King has probably had as much to do with people naming their cars over the past quarter-century as anyone. He gave us Christine, the first really killer car. It was a 1958 Plymouth Fury that 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham thought was to die for. Actually, I think the movie scared me away from naming my cars for a while, especially female names. It seems that more cars that are given people names wind up as female for some reason, even when the owner is a lady. I'm not sure why." http://www.record-bee.com/ci_14251947
.
You know, it is interesting that Christine is a girl. . . since she's haunted by a dude who killed himself. Very strange. All of it.
.
But, let me ask: Have you ever seen Carrie on the road? You know, a little new car that's beyond timid. . . until you try and pass and then she goes road rage on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment