What Does It Take To Get To The Cannibals?

The moderator of stephenking.com explained that it might take a while to get the next portion of the Cannibals posted. Moderator stated: "I still have to get the manuscript out of the locked cabinet after getting the key to the cabinet out of the locked safe, scan it, upload it to the server, Jordan does his magic with it, and then it gets posted to the site."

Now that's pretty serious lock down for an old manuscript! Thankfully King keeps his old stuff; seems like I've lost tons of my old writing.

Now, seriously, I promise this is true: When i was in Highschool I wrote 400 double spaced pages called: "Silent Parameter." It was about a city (big city, like LA) that got blocked off from the rest of the world by a strange mist that no one could penetrate. And, like a certain someone else, I couldn't get past 400 pages.

But -- I don't have it under lock and key somewhere. My parents sold the computer it was on. . . or it died.

It's pretty brave of King to release old manuscripts. I get the feeling that since it's under such tight lock down, it's not like King is now making the hand noted corrections. It's a big deal for a writer to let others see their old work.

So, I anxiously await the next installment. Trying to be patient and just read short stories in Night Shift. Maybe it's time to dive back into Duma Key. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment