We All live Under The Dome


popeater has posted an interesting interview with Stephen King about Under The Dome.
.
.
Here's some of my favorite quotes:
.
"The good ideas never really leave your mind. Like a baseball player saying: I missed a really fat pitch. I'd like to have another chance at that hanging curve ball."
.
"To the best of my memory, the image that caught my mind was the image of these people giving ap ress confrence to the outside world. From what you see, there's nothing between them and the camaras. Until someone reaches out and knocks on thin air. I thought to myself: What a story that would make. What an image that is. The idea of the whole world watching these people who are as out of touch as people who are stranded on a desert island."
.
"From the very beginning, with under the Dome, I saw it as a chance to write about the serious ecological problems we face today. I don't want to get real heavy about this, the novel should be entertaining and people should have fun with it -- and Ithink they will. The fact is, we all live under the dome."

No comments:

Post a Comment