Selena Gomez was considered for CARRIE


image credit: HollywoodLife.com


Hollywood Life reported earlier today that not only was Chloe Moretz chosen to play Carrie in the upcoming remake, but that Moretz beat out 19-year old super-star Selena Gomez for the title role.


HollywoodLife.com quotes a industry insider as saying,
“Selena Gomez was also considered for the role, but ultimately we went after Chloe.  We think she would be perfect for the role that made Sissy Spacek an international star!”
Action News Jax cites Gomez’s representative, who “dismissed” the report and said that “she never auditioned for the role” and that she was “never even up for the role.” (HERE)


On the one hand, I think the choice of Moretz was great.  But. . . as a dad who has girls who think Gomez is “it” (not a Stephen King kinda “IT” either), I have to say I’m a little disappointed.  But, I’ll get over it. . . because Moretz is going to be a great Carrie!

Honestly, Gomez is so nice. . . it's hard to imagine her dripping with blood and reigning down terror on all who cross her path.  I mean, come on, she was Ramona!

The full article is HollywoodLife.com


5 comments:

  1. She'd've been 100% wrong for that role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. I would have HATED it if Gomez should play Carrie! It would be so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is Selena Gomez?
    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know of this google. Just making a point, friend.

    ReplyDelete