Review Of ALAN WAKE for PC

photo credit: Gaming Nexus


It's taken a while for Alan Wake to come to the PC.  Gaming Nexus offers a very balanced review of the game and the changes made to the PC platform.

Sean Colleli's writes, "Simply put, Alan Wake plays like a Stephen King novel turned into a TV miniseries turned into a videogame. This is intentional by Remedy and this narrative complexity is one of the game’s strengths. With such a massive volume of written work and so many movie and TV adaptations, I’m surprised Stephen King hasn’t been either adapted or imitated into a game before now. Well Mr. King now joins the ranks of H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allen Poe by having his core themes represented very strongly and elegantly in an interactive experience."

The full review is HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, admit it, how many here are convinced the Taken from Alan Wake are just the good citizens of Derry transplanted to a video game, not that it's a bad thing. I mean come on, does anyone think the villain from It couldn't have done the same thing with the townspeople in King's novel? That would up the ante, by God.

    Incidentally, Reverend, there was something i meant to clue you in on during my last comment (see This reminds me post below). They're doing a full cast audio drama of The Screwtape Letters, with Andy Serkis as Screwtape. Just type in Screwtape Letters audio drama for more info.

    Thanks.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a gamer, so this means very little to me.

    However, I am a Stephen King completist, meaning that if he puts something out -- or if something is released that is an adaptation of his work -- then I'm going to buy it.

    As such, I live in something akin to mortal terror that someone is going to start producing official game adaptations of his work sooner or later. Because when that happens, I will have no choice but to become a gamer ... and I just don't have the time for it!

    Yes, that is the very definition of a First World Problem. Sigh...

    (For the record, since Alan Wake isn't an officially-licensed King adaptation, I'm not counting it.)

    ReplyDelete