Did you get all that? Under The Dome and the Stephen King Universe. Sure, you got it. Joshua Rothkopf at Time Out New York has a very creative review of Under The Dome. His review is titled, "Stephen King’s latest…the new It?".
Instead of giving the usual book report style review, Rothkopf gets creative -- and he shows off some of his own Stephen King expertise. Rothkopf compares the book to other King novels. I only wish the review had been longer, and even dealt with books more recent than 1992..
Here are some of his key points. . ..
- Under the Dome is not quite as long as…It (1986).
- Expressly political, it’s reminiscent of…Firestarter (1980).
- As a vision of the fragility of civilization, it’s almost as good as…The Stand (1978).
- Filled with funny scenes, it’s as playful—and tight—as…Skeleton Crew (1985).
- Anchored in local color and language, it’s as vivid as…Dolores Claiborne (1992).
Check out Rothkopf's article here: http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/books/80093/stephen-king-under-the-dome-book