Questions People Ask, 1

So here are some questions folk have asked. Remember, I know nothing! Ask Bev Vincent, he knows all. Yes, these are all real questions people have asked.
.
1. Is Needful Things Connected To The Dark Tower? No. Of course, everything King goes back to the tower. But I can't think of any specific connection.
.
2. What's up with Under The Dome ebook? I don't have a clue.
.
3. What Stephen King books have cannibals? I can't think of any. Survivor type is the closest. And with that one: Does Under the Dome have cannibals? Not that I know of -- I haven't finished it. If I knew -- I wouldn't say.
.
4. What are torrant downloads? They are digital files. I think -- when it comes to King at least -- they are usually illegal. And, when downloading to your computer not worth the risk. There's a thing called bugs. . . Anyway, keep your King fandom on the level. If you don't pay for it, someone isn't getting royalties.
.
5. What does "clustermug" mean? It is a word Big Jim Rennie uses in Under The Dome. I do not know the exact meaning. I think it's a made up cuss word.
.
6. Is there any new info on The Wind Through The Keyhole? None that I know of. Since it hasn't been written, King isn't likely to say much.
.
7. Is there an alternate ending to the Dark Tower? Sure there is. That note where King tells you to stop reading. . . stop reading there and that's the alternate ending. Other than that, I know of no alternate endings for the Dark Tower. But in a sense the Dark Tower has no ending. If King writes a novel in the middle of the series it will be intereting to see which timeline he is working on -- the original journey or the "new" journey.
.
EXTRA: Is the Tommyknockers on anyone's top 10 list? Why, yes it is! Stuart Tinker said it is one of his wife's favorite books. Okay. . . no one asked me that question. But I've been trying to think of a way to sneak that in to something!

3 comments:

  1. 2) It will be out on 12/24/2009

    3) The Cannibals has cannibals! You can read the first 120 pages at King's web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev,
    do you know of any connection between Dark Tower and Needful Thing? Is Gaunt in anyway related to the Darkman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there's anything concrete. However, if you wish to imagine such a connection, you could make your arguments.

    ReplyDelete