JOYLAND cover



EW.com has posted a the cover for Stephen King's 2013 novel, Joyland.

Not only is King going retro with the setting of his upcoming novel, he’s also sticking to a tried-and-true format. “I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts,” he said in the press release. “I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we’re going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book.” 
Charles Ardai, editor of Hard Case Crime, promises a layered, genre-crossing story. “Joyland is a breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking book,” he said. “It’s a whodunit, it’s a carny novel, it’s a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don’t get to do either because death comes for them before their time. Even the most hard-boiled readers will find themselves moved. When I finished it, I sent a note saying, ‘Goddamn it, Steve, you made me cry.’ ”
check  it out at ew.com and liljas-library.com

I think the cover looks great!

4 comments:

  1. I like it a lot, too. But I also thought the cover to "The Colorado Kid" was outstanding; I just like that kind of pulpy art, I guess.

    Let's hope the story ends up being better than was the case with "The Colorado Kid." I have a feeling it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A must buy. Will look great next to my copy of The Colorado Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cover is cool but i hope surpasses Colorado Kid which was pretty disappointing. And i hope cover arrives to Spain because we lost the awesome cover of Blockade Billy and got this instead: http://image.casadellibro.com/libros/0/blockade-billy-9788499897981.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cover. I thought it was coming out earlier than June. Bummer.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete