The book just got beautifully gory. The kind of stuff horror fans love. Eyes hanging from the socket, brains. . . nice..
I missed a chunk of reading because of a disk failure. And, the book does look so heavy to lug down. . ..
As with other posts, this is nothing more than my own notes as I read. But feel free to look over my shoulder and I always welcome your comments.
- The question: Can a bullet penetrate the dome? Answer: Best not to try.
- Suspicion: That the dome is generated from inside Chester Mill.
- Barbie seems rather bold in his open disrespect of authority. Former privates might act that way -- but Captains find it almost impossible to shake off the training to respect authority.
- I wonder if Julia Shumway is in anyway modeled after Anne Colter.
- Lester Coggins is the kind of preacher that freaks me out. Are they out there? Sure. In plenty? No. They're usually leading cult groups. I don't yet know what he partnered with Big Jim for, but guys like Coggins are not usually bullied very easily.
- I'm surprised that there haven't been more attempts to burst through the dome. People seem to accept the situation kind of easily. But it reminds me of a scene in the Cannibals.
- Note: The dome traces the exact border of the town. Leading to a question: Is the town a circle? Am I missing something?