Dark Tower or Shining Sequel

I spotted this thanks to Lilja's Library: http://www.liljas-library.com/
.
The moderator at stpehenking.com posted, "Steve has asked for your input as to what book he should write next. To cast your vote for either a new Dark Tower book or a sequel to The Shining"
.
and then this posting from King:
"Hey, you guys--I saw a lot of you Constant Readers while I was touring for Under the Dome, and I must say you're looking good. Thanks for turning out in such numbers, and thanks for all the nice things you've said about Under the Dome. There'll be another book next year. It's a good one, I think, but that's not why I'm writing. I mentioned two potential projects while I was on the road, one a new Mid-World book (not directly about Roland Deschain, but yes, he and his friend Cuthbert are in it, hunting a skin-man, which are what werewolves are called in that lost kingdom) and a sequel to The Shining called Doctor Sleep. Are you interested in reading either of these? If so, which one turns your dials more? Ms. Mod will be counting your votes (and of course it all means nothing if the muse doesn't speak). Meanwhile, thanks again for 2009."
.
Are we interested in reading either of these. . . ?!
.
That's new! But the decision is simple enough -- write both. And don't ask constant readers tough questions like that, it makes our brians hurt. Since the publication of Under The Dome, King seems much more "connected" or interested in readers opinions. A little scary, if you ask me, since he never seemed to care what the reader thought in the past.
.
The description for both books sounds pretty evolved; I think he'll end up writing both.

No comments:

Post a Comment