Note From Betts New Proprietor

This note is on Betts Bookstores current inventory page. No, it was not bought by Mr. Gaunt -- which is probably good since I can imgine S.K. fans gladly playing tricks on each other to get their hands on some of the stuff in that store! Anyway, here's the note from Mr. David Williams.
.
Dear Loyal Customers, Friends and Constant Readers,
It is with great honor and enthusiasm that I assume the role of caretaker of Betts Books. My name is David Williamson and I have been a King fan and collector for many years. My predecessor, Stuart Tinker, held the position for nearly 20 years, and he is a well-known and respected figure in the Stephen King community. I would like to thank Stu for his dedication over the past years and for inspiring in so many of us a passion for all things Stephen King. My first King collectible was purchased from Stu almost 15 years ago.
.
Betts Books is synonymous with authenticity, quality and service, and I intend to uphold these values as the new owner. One of my long-term goals is to help expand people’s knowledge and appreciation for the literary works of Stephen King and to be an advocate for reading in general. I also plan to continue my support of one of Stephen’s charities, The Haven Foundation, a national, nonprofit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening trauma.
.
I simply could not be more delighted to be the new proprietor of Betts Books, and I look forward to providing you with the utmost care and consideration. I have several ideas for taking the business in new directions, so stay tuned! Also a major renovation of the web site is planned for spring.In the meantime, I am able to process orders but am still working feverishly to get all the behind-the-scenes workings up and running and to unpack the inventory. So, please do contact me with your orders but I ask your patience and understanding as I get the process of running this on-line bookstore running smoothly.Many thanks and happy holidays to all of you.David
.
http://www.bettsbooks.com/w95020ai.html

No comments:

Post a Comment