Stephen King at THE OFFICE


I've been watching the office a lot lately.  Why?  Because I have netflix. So I watch a billion episodes of something until the well is dry -- then move on to something else.  So Raymond led to Coach led to The Munsters led to Family Ties led to Commander and Chief led to The Office.

Stephen King is mentioned several times in The Office.

For instance, from "The Seminar."  Erin is  upset that all her date wants to watch are scary movies.  "So far I've seen 'The Shining,' 'Rosemary's Baby,' 'The Ring". . . not really my thing.  Although I do like the early parts of the movie where  they have a perfect family and everything."

Here's another from an episode titled "Lotto."  The crew is talking about what they would do if they won the lotto.  Jim says he would move to Maine if he won the Lotto.
Jim: "Stop.  I'm barista in your fantasy?"
Pam: "Well, in your fantasy, we're Stephen King characters."
My favorite characters are Dwight and Kevin.

And this is a really good idea. . .


3 comments:

  1. In the Seminar episode isn't one of the words Erin uses when playing scrabble with Gabe, Ka?

    I don't know if this one was meant to be a King reference, but in the Golden Ticket episode Pam is reading off a list of excuses to use when Michael is trying to avoid a phone call. One of them was that he was trapped in a painting. It made me think of Rose Madder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so, if I, like, save up all those Big Macs for the end of the week, then I'll have, like, a whole lotta Big freakin' Macs to eat, right?

    ......Wouldn't that require medical attention?

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Mac's are a week old when they sell them to you.

    ReplyDelete