Owen King Discusses Writing

Owen King discusses writing, his father and screen writing at poughkeepsiejournal.com. The article is titled, "Owen King Takes A Different Direction Than His Famous Father."  Actually, the focus is not so much on his father! About his "famous father" he says, "My dad is my dad to me.  We write very different kinds of  things.  I love him very much."  That's a great response.

Actually, I enjoyed most his discussion of what screen writing is.  He says novels are more difficult to write, because novels are detail heavy.



Famous father aside -- would you read Owen King if he was not the son of Stephen King?  Well, probably not.  But right now I only follow Owen King -- haven't read him yet  anyway.  But I would be inclined to read him because of his father.  Why?  Because sometimes it's in the genes.  Both Stephen and Tabitha have a gift for writing, they're children have  been immersed in what it means to be a writer -- so it seems logical their children would be pretty good  writers.  What do you all think?

2 comments:

  1. Owen King does indeed have a gift for writing. I know this 'cause I'm on the first pages of "Double Feature" as we speak!

    If i had to give my first impressions so far I...would have to wonder if it's the right sort of book for all tastes (no offense Reverend). Which is not to say it's bad, it's funny as hell, I just wonder who the audience is here.

    All I'll say is I'm not sure I'll ever be comfortable with...never mind, I'm thinking of the name of a band.

    I also admit this much, it would make a great Wes Anderson movie, maybe with Jason Schwartzman and Bruce Campbell.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the whole family is so immersed in reading and stories that it would just come naturally to them.

    I'm willing to give this a shot bc he is SK's son but I am also intrigued by the fact that it's funny. I like to laugh and haven't read a novel that's funny.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete