Are you looking forward to tonight's episode?
Synopsis for tonight's episode: Stephen King’s “Under the Dome” (CBS at 10) returns for Season 2 with Barbie in danger and Julie coming to the aid of a girl who may have clues about the origin of the dome. (washingtonpost.com)
What is the dome?
Could be. . .
1. An alien force-field placed by leather headed creatures who consider humans insignificant.
2. The dome is a living entity caused by the earth itself.
3. It's powered by the Dark Tower.
4. The result of an alien spaceship.
. . . I HAVE NO IDEA.
Here seems to be the guidelines (they're different than the book)
- Weather, rain, so on can pass through.
- The Dome itself gives some people visions of pink stars falling.
- The Dome goes deep into the earth. You can't dig your way out (sorry Maggie Simpson.)
- The Dome gives an electric charge and can jolt people with pacemakers, hearing aids and other electrical devices.
- The Dome appears to have a will of its own and can direct peoples behavior at times.
- The Dome that appears to in some way control the Dome itself.