THE DOME is all things King



Tonight's episode of Under The Dome is all King.  The script was written by King.  The show is based on his book.  And Stephen King has a small cameo in  this episode.  I guess he's been writing from Under The Dome.  Actually, it's not possible that Stephen King is Under The Dome -- because he's everywhere right now!

Mike Vogel told Zap2it, "There's always that thing in the back of our minds that it's a Stephen King show and anyone at any time can go anywhere" 

"There's a lot of secrets coming up this season, which is exciting for us, because that's the rich stuff we get to play with."

And then there's this from Stephen King, "After the first season, I went to Neal Baer and Brian Vaughn, the producers of the show, because I was fascinated with what they had done, especially with Mike Vogel as Barbie.  So I asked, 'Would you like me to write the first episode of Season 2?' and they said yes, and I said, 'OK, well, tell me what's going to happen. How does the arc go?' And they said, 'We have no idea.' To me that was like a blank check. So we sat down and started to figure it out."

They have no idea?  

Anyway, King says that they actually talked  about hanging Barbie after season one, but CBS wouldn't have it.  (Is that a spoiler?  I don't know, I haven't seen the episode,  just quoting Mr. King.)  If they really wanted to push things away from the book, they would do away with Barbie.  In fact, I vote for it!  Because it would say, "anything really is possible."  But the truth is, anything's not possible.  Apparently with CBS, only popular things are possible.

Also, I liked this line, "King says he's more than happy to consider other projects for television, although he finds trying to anticipate network constraints to be 'like working for the Kremlin.'"  I wish one of those projects would be The Dark Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment