Maximum Overdrive Trailer



"I just wanted someone to do Stephen King right"

Evan Dickson wrties, "As a kid Maximum Overdrive was one of my holy grail movies. It just dripped with menace and a sweaty inappropriate quality I couldn’t get enough of. The greasy, hot vibe of The Dixie Boy. The down and out characters. The way it hits the ground running. The way it kills children. The AC/DC soundtrack. The wonderfully lazy comet explanation. The mean-spiritedness of it all. It made me feel… grown up? In hindsight this is a funny thing to take away from such a gleefully immature movie. I don’t think I ever saw the film in the theaters during its initial release, but between multiple rentals of this and The Lost Boys I probably kept the lights on at my local Blockbuster."

Read his full article at: bloody-disgusting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment