Clancy Brown Talks Shawshank


In an interview with Adam Pockross of Yahoo Movies, the discussion turned to his work on The Shawshank Redemption:

Here's the portion related to Shawshank Redemption:

What do you remember about dangling Andy Dufresne from that roof in "The Shawshank Redemption"?
That was fun. That was the day before I got married actually, in real life. I had to hop on a plane or hop in a car and drive down to Chicago and say my wedding vows the next day. So I was a little preoccupied during that scene, and it was a long day I remember, because they had a lot of rigging to do to make sure that Tim didn't fall over and die. We were both kind of tied off, so that took a while. And I think the lighting was problematic that day, too. Maybe it was cloudy or maybe it was too sunny. I don't remember, but Roger Deakins is a pretty exacting DP, and rightfully so. So it all worked out. I think Tim might have made up a line and I might have made up a line, just to see if it would piss Frank [Darabont] off, but it didn't.

Do you remember which line you made up?
No. Not really. Maybe "ball washing bastards," or something like that. I don't know.

Did you guys share a bottle of suds afterward?
Yes. Absolutely. We had the prop beers. ... That was back in the day where you actually could do something like that. You're not allowed to do that stuff anymore, but I think the prop guys brought up real beer after we wrapped and we all shared a cold one.

And then you went off and got married?
Then I went off and got married. And somebody else got married that weekend, too. So it took all the notoriety out of my marriage. Story of my life.

The full interview is at movies.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment