Cary Fukunaga Still Adapting Stephen King’s ‘IT’

According to Screen Rant, Cary Fukunaga is still on board to adapt Stephen King's IT.  Sandy Schaefer notes that Stephen King is hot stuff these  says, with both Haven and Under The Dome hitting the small screen, and Pet Sematary, The Stand and Cell movie adaptations all finishing up casting.  

But what about IT?  Schaefer writes: 
Producer Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes) added a new hit intellectual property to his belt this past weekend when The LEGO Movie opened big at the box office, and while promoting the animated feature/toy adaptation, he provided Collider (hat tip STYD) with an update on Fukunaga’s prospective IT adaptation:
“… Cary Fukunaga is writing and directing Stephen King’s It for me, and I’m really excited for that.  So I’m hoping that’ll be his next movie after the indie he’s shooting in Africa.  So I love what he did with True Detective.  I think it’s a great sample for Stephen King’s It.  So I’m really excited about that.”
Schaefer concludes, "an IT movie by Fukunaga sounds all the more promising now, perhaps even more so if it were to be split up into two separate movies."
Full article is at screenrant.com

1 comment:

  1. Given how great "True Detective" is, the idea of Fukunaga directing a two-movie adaptation of "It" has me so excited I can barely stand it.

    ReplyDelete