The DNA Of A Stephen King Book


Check out digitalbookworld.com's BookDNA.  Aaron Stanton writes this intro to the projet:
Over the last two months, my company (BookLamp) has had the honor of working with the publisher Coliloquy on a project with Stephen King and the other authors of The Rock Bottom Remainders. We’ve been analyzing their writing, and asking the question, “What does Stephen King’s writing look like compared to theirs?” 
I don’t mean that metaphorically — I mean, if you visualize the various themes in his books, what would that look like? 
Whenever the Book Genome Project analyzes a title, the computer creates a graphic that we refer to as its Thematic Currents. This includes a number of King’s well known books, most of which I grew up reading late into the night (likely later than my parents would have approved of at 13 years old).

So, in honor of good ol’ times from my childhood, I thought it might be interesting to share some of the thematic flows of a few of King’s titles. Let’s take a look… though, fair warning: These graphs do contain some spoilers.
The ful article is at: digitalbookworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment