Stephen King NEWS



  • NPR has an engrossing interview with Stephen King at www.npr.org


  • PARADE magazine has an interview with Stephen King.  He says his wife is tough to impress when it come to writing, and that he used to pay his kids to put books on tape.  That's so cool!  I used to bribe my sister  to do the same thing.  Now we have audible.  King says Mad Men is basically a "soap opera."  The PARADE interview is at www.parade.com




  • James Smythe has posted the next part of his Rereading Stephen King (IT).  He calls IT, "one of King's most enduring novels" and "intimidatingly huge."  www.guardian.co.uk.   

  • Crews working on the set of A GOOD MARRIAGE set off fire alarms for a second time -- annoying a neighbor enough to try and turn his irritation into "news."  So here it is!  news.  But it's not news, is it?  Nope.  But here's the link --tarrytown.patch.com

2 comments:

  1. Will definitely have to take time to skim for all of them, but the one is quite fascinating. I could say that he would fall under the category of "situational writer," and I like the term, because it quenches the "what if" element of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about 20 books ahead of Smythe in my effort to reread King and document it. I should have looked for a bigger venue to publish study of King.

    ReplyDelete