Quigley Reviews JOYLAND



Okay, I'm really excited about Joyland!  Really excited.  See, here's  the deal -- I've been so focused on Doctor Sleep, all my "Stephen King emotional energy reserves"  have been given to anticipating its release.  Joyland is there. . . but I've been unsure exactly what to make of it.  What is it?  A mystery novel?  A horror novel?  Is it the Colorado Kid?  I was recently assured that it is not Colorado Kid!  But. . . what IS Joyland?

Kevin Quigley has released the first review I've seen of Joyland at www.fearnet.com. Quigley compares the novel to such early works as The Dead Zone, The Shining and Salem's Lot.  Now that's red meat for any Stephen King fan.

Quigley writes, "It’s good to have a book like this now – simple, sweet, and not a little scary – to remind us that among the prequels and sequels, the epics and the TV miniseries, Stephen King can still spin one hell of a little yarn."

Here's what's nice -- Quigley knows his Stephen King.  This isn't someone inside the business telling us this is a strong novel, it's the author of numerous books about King and the keeper of the King website, CharnelHouseSK.com.

Go read the full review, it's great.  www.fearnet.com
check out my interview iwth Kevin Quigley at; talkstephenking.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. After reading the review, I'm even more anxious to read the book itself.

    Also I get bragging rights. I KNEW the Horror House should've been kept an eye on. Hah-har!

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right Chris.
    That just means the roller coaster story is my own, I get to write it. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This both on and off topic. Bob Ledrew is back with two new episodes of the King Cast, in one of which he discusses Joyland and it's possible film adapts.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review. I like it. It was interesting to read it. Great thank's author for sharing...

    www.paperwritings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my -- the spammers are now signing in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeez...

      Man, I freakin' HATE spammers.

      Delete
    2. Just consider yourself lucky if none of the words on your computer become automatic spam links without your say so.

      ChrisC

      Delete