King Will Narrate WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE

Bryant Burnette shared with me that Stephen King will be reading the new Dark Tower novel, Wind Through The Keyhole.

Lilja's Library posted several quotes from King's site (which are not currently appearing on stephenking.com).  This is directly formhttp://www.liljas-library.com:


“I’ve spent a lot of time with the character of Roland Deschain and the Dark Tower universe over
the years. Now that I am revisiting that world, it felt like a fine time to lend it my voice,” said King. 
The Wind Through the Keyhole audiobook will also offer an exclusive audio preview of King’s upcoming novel, Doctor Sleep, the eagerly-awaited sequel to his classic, The Shinin, to be published in 2013. Stephen King will also read the excerpt from Doctor Sleep. 
“We’re thrilled that Steve wanted to return to the studio for THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. As his audio fans know, he is a terrific narrator,” says Chris Lynch, Executive Vice President & Publisher of Simon & Schuster Audio. “His choice to preview his follow up to THE SHINING exclusively on audio speaks volumes about his support for the format. We couldn’t be happier.”
I really enjoyed the earlier Dark Tower novels King read.  He gave his voice to The Gunslinger, which was the first audio book he did.  It was great, if not a bit awkward at first.  King quickly found a rhythm.  The Drawing of the Three (a favorite of mine) was wonderful.  I think King's best reading is of Needful Things.

In the audio edition of The Gunslinger, King offers a short introduction and explains why he thinks it is beneficial for an author to read their own work.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, David: I adore the audiobooks King himself reads. The first audiobook I ever bought were "The Gunslinger" and "The Drawing of the Three," and I bought them purely because the idea of Stephen King -- STEPHEN KING HIMSELF! -- reading a book to me was just too good to pass up.

    It still is.

    I don't always buy King audiobooks these days, because I've had too many occasions when the reader has disappointed me. But you can bet your butt I'll be shelling out for these CDs.

    That excerpt from "Dr. Sleep" only sweetens the deal, by the way ... although I am a bit bummed that it isn't hitting until 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know why the long delay on Dr. Sleep. ?! !!!! !!!! The thing is written -- how much editing can it possibly under-go? I mean, he's out there reading it, so it must be in good condition. Send the thing to the printers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In general, it would great if they would somehow make a sequel for Silver bulley because it was such a great werewolf movie, with a very good story and plot and it'd be great to see the continuity of what would happen next after killing Reverend Lester Lowe, who turned out to bo the werewolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that movie a lot. I intended to watch it around Halloween last year, and never got around to it!

      Delete