Biblically Knowledgeable


I enjoyed this article about Stephen King's daughter, Naomi.  The article says:
In fact, it wasn’t unusual for the family to read the Bible aloud together.
”My father is very biblically knowledgeable,” she said. “We were reading the Bible with our parents even well after the point where we needed to be.”
Of course, religion and Bible play a vital role throughout King's work, most notably in The Green Mile, Desperation and Under The Dome.  I would have to agree that King does have a good working knowledge of the Scripture; a grasp of its flow and stories.

I like this quote from Naomi King, "To me, giving a sermon is thrilling,” she said. “It’s like dancing for a long time. Your sense of beginning and ending disappears. You never know what will happen.”  That's true!

1 comment:

  1. Those King children seen to have done pretty well for themselves, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete