Chloe Moretz Says Carrie Will Be More Psychological Than the Original



Work on the new Carrie starts in just a few days.  Chloe Moretz had an interesting interview www.comingsoon.net.  She notes that she likes the fan poster that's out, and that she is not focusing at all on the DePalma movie.  In afct, she isn't even watching it.

Moretz says:
"I'm actually not looking at the original, even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book. It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan.' You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."
I like the word "retooling" and the comment that they are "kind of going off the book."

1 comment:

  1. Huh, well all of a sudden seems like the people behind a King adaptation are really trying to put some thought into this story than usual. I agree that a lot of King's material is handled in a slapdash I-don't-care manner. This time it's like actual care is going into this work.

    Now I envision Natalie Portman as Carrie. Either way Miz Moretz bears watching. A bright new maverick in the making perhaps?

    Don't poke me with a stick, don't poke with a stick, please don't poke me with a stick.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete