Yahoo Lists Under The Dome One Of The Hottest Shows This Summer


shine.yahoo.com has decided to help us find what's worth watching this Summer.  "Forget summer reading!  Haha teachers!" Ali Wentworth declares.  I don't know if I'm going to do that.  In fact, I'm paying my kids to read the Little House series this summer -- so take that Ali!
First up, Under the Dome!

Nikki Boyer, host of Daytime in No Time, offers her  take on what's worth our time.
What should you watch if it’s a rainy day and you don’t feel like getting out of bed? Under the Dome on CBS, a sci-fi series about a town cut off from the rest of the world by a mysterious barrier. “It’s putting a microscope on what we would do as a society if this really happened,” Nikki says.
Boyer tells Wentworth under  the Dome is "awesome!"  Wentworth then points out that this is kind of like the Truman Show.  Interesting, since our family watched that this weekend, and I had the same thought.  Only, in Truman Show, everyone knows what's up except poor Truman.  In UTD, they're all in it together.

1 comment:

  1. I never made any connection between Truman and Dome, interesting.

    So far, I'm liking the show, and from the preview I've seen at Lilja's Library, it should get interesting.

    It looks like they're trying to set up a more ambiguous dynamic between Rennie and Dale, sort of two bad guys (one of them a good-bad-guy) recognizing each other.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete