Is There A Stephen King Book You Don't Like?
Could it be? Are there some books King fans just don't really like? Well, when an author is as prolific as Stephen King, there is lots of room for some all time favorites and some big time losers.
Least favorite King books:
1. Lisey's Story. (Did not complete)
2. Roadwork. (Did not complete.)
3. Cell. (But I want to like cell. I really want to like it!)
4. Gerald's Game.
Is it fair to list books I didn't even finish reading? Probably not. So my list is an unfair list! I have tried, more than onc, to dig into Lisey's Story. I'm sure it is a good book -- it just doesn't connect for me.
Book others seem to hate, but I like: Tommyknockers! But it's been a long time since I read it and I remember very little!
My least favorites books of all time (Non King)
First of all, I'm not including politics and relgion. I've read a LOT of books on religion by Mr. Dawkins and the like that I totally disagree with.
Second, I notice most books I don't like are from authors I do. I love Ken Follett's historical novels, but nod off when he does spy thrillers.
1. David Copperfield. I don't get it. Nothing happens! IT's a book without a plot. I think you should all question the judgment from here forward of someone who does not understand David Copperfield. But pass no judgment until you've read it. Give m Great Expectations any day!
2. The Beast Within. It's so bad I couldn't believe it actually made it to print. I bought a hardcover just to encourage me -- if this guy could get published, then any of us can! And, tey made it into a movie.
3. Darkness on the edge of town. Everyone said it would be like the Mist or Under the Dome. It was mostly about druggies who. . . surprise surprise. . . have a lot of bad ideas and get a lot of people killed. I'm done reading books where some homeless guy actually understands the inner-workings of the universe!
4. Baal I like Robert Mccammon a lot. I'm not so sure I like Baal a lot. I think I prefer Swan Song and after when it comes to Mccammon. Boys Life is great.
5. The Partner. Once again, an author I like (Grisham). . . a book I didn't!
NOW. . . tomorrow I will post: The 5 Most Underrated Stephen King books.
1. What is your least favorite Stephen King book. We all reserve the right to pass judgment and shame upon you for disliking a King book.
2. What is your least favorite non-King novels?