Girl vs Monster References Stephen King



What does a monster locked up for thirteen years want to know?  How the fear business is going, of course!  Seems monsters get their energy from fear -- according to Disney's Girl vs. Monster.  I was watching this with my daughters (okay, I was playing Civ 5) when this bit of dialogue brought me up from my plans to take over the world:

Monsters on a bridge after escaping fifteen years in the monster tank:
Deimata: “So much catching up to do.  How’s the fear business?  Stephen King still writing?”
Witch: “Yes, but his last novel is historical fiction.”
Deimata: “Scary historical fiction?”
Witch: “Not particularly.”
Deimata: “What about horror movies?  Still big with the kids?”
Scarecrow: “No, it’s not gross out comedies now.  But vampires are in.”
Deimata:“Oh!  That’s promising!”
Witch: “Except, they have romantic vampires who fall in love.”
Deimata: “YUCK!”
hahahah!  I love it! The monsters are absolutely disgusted by the idea of romantic vampires.

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what Girls Monster is.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Disney channel movie about a girl whose parents are secretly monster killers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what interested me was that King is enough of a cultural icon that he is referenced in a show aimed at older children/pre teens. Assumption is: They know who SK is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a G rated Supernatural. I had idea they had that kind of stuff.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete