The Cujo We Love



Now that's a Good dog!

Hey Hollywood. . . this is the Cujo we love. . . don't mess with it.  Don't rethink it.  Don't reinterpret it.  Don't re-imagine it.  Don't "re-tell" it.

Sun Classic Pictures posted on their website:
LANG ELLIOTT, PRESIDENT & CEO OF SUNN CLASSIC PICTURES, INC., ANNOUNCED THAT SUNN PLANS TO PRODUCE THE REMAKE OF “CUJO” THIS YEAR REPRESENTING THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY SINCE SUNN PRODUCED AND DISTRIBUTED THE ORIGINAL “CUJO” MOTION PICTURE IN 1983, BASED UPON STEPHEN KING’S NOVEL. (www.sunnclassicpicturesinc)

2 comments:

  1. "don't mess with it. Don't rethink it. Don't reinterpret it. Don't re-imagine it. Don't "re-tell" it."

    Wise words, indeed.

    However, I'd draw attention to this particularly revealing sentence in the promotional material.

    "The 1983 version was highly successful at the worldwide box-office and, compared with today's inflation and higher ticket prices, the box-office would be well over 225 million..."

    When something like this happens in Hollyweird, the rule of thumb is follow the money, not the artistic aspirations.

    That said, it is MAJOR shame to see them try to remake an already good film.

    For me, what made Cujo work best of all was i finally got to see the Castle Rock I saw in my head realized on-screen, and idea of the town I'd had even before I saw cujo, and it great to realize some others thought the same as well.

    I've said this I don't know how many times before now, but here we go again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these other remakes, I understand them. The originals could have done with some updating. But Cujo? Oh, it's already so good! More money is not going to make this better, it's going to make it worse, I can see it!

    ReplyDelete