EW: Bag Of Bones The Movie v. The Book

Stephen Lee has an article at Entertainment Weekly's Pop Watch discussing Bag of Bones he mini-series and Bag of Bones the book.  The kind of stuff the only really excites Constant Readers. 

Lee objects to the "tone" of the movie, suggesting it has a different feel from the book.  His only major noted derailment from the book itself had to do with the circumstances of Jo Noonan's death.  But Lee hastens to say that this was probably a necessary change.

Lee admits that "The creepiness of the book - translated well to television. . ."

The full article is HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh no one told me Bag of Bones was being filmed! Thats great, its about the only S.K book that still gives me the willies and I've read it about a dozen times now. Theres just something deeply creepy about haunted houses and ghosts.

    I'll watch it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the way Lance dies is totally different in the movie. The movie has Mattie killing him which has NOTHING to do with what really happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite true.
    aren't we all glad this wasn't a 2 hour movie -- nothing would have made sense.
    david

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention in my review. The tone of the miniseries is completely different from what I felt while reading the book and maybe that's part of what put me off about the miniseries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the house in the movie bag of bones the same as in the movie secret window??

    ReplyDelete