Stinkin Thinkin

Collecting isn't always rational. My wife, who is generally supprotive of my collecting Stephen King, gave me a look yesterday that said volumes. Here's what happened:

I spotted a Dark Tower second edition for under $50 on ebay.

Now, she's the finance manager at our house, because 1. She doesn't worry, so it doesn't stress her and 2. She's good with math. So I ask the finance manager, "Don't you think it would be great to have a Dark Tower second edition?"

She stares numbly, glances toward the bookshelf, "Don't you have one of those?"

"Well, yeah. But if I bought another one, then mine would be all the more valuable."

This is where the look came in. Silence for a moment, then she asked how my copy becomes more valuable if I buy another one.

"Well, there's less out there. Supply and demand. I'm lowering the supply."

She did not appreciate my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment