Do You Read Joe Hill


I see a lot of articles these days about Joe Hill (Joseph King). I haven't read anything by him yet, but I'm impressed with what I do see. One of these days I'm going to dig in and read some of his stuff. It's just that there is so much S.K. has written that I'm still trying to catch up with!
.
Why Hill does capture my attention:
.
First, it was really cool that he didn't go to publishers with his fathers name attached to him. He changed it and got published on his own merits. That is admirable! No coat-tailing on that one. He's his own man.
.
Second, I liked his explanation recently that writing was natural to him since he grew up in a family of writers.
.
Third, I'm very interested in his writing style since he declares his personal hate for adverbs. How he tells a story, the words he uses, should be interesting.
.
Finally, and this is important, I really like his attitude. Now hold on, because I know that sounds stupid. But in the interviews I've seen he's come across as very humble. He doesn't take cheap shots at anyone, and doesn't seem to resent his fathers success or people's interest in S.K. But he's still comfortable in his own skin.
.
There's a poll on the blog page this week. let me know if you plan on reading his work.
.
His blog is here: http://joehillfiction.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment