The Old Dude's Ticker

Cemetery Dance has an announcement that "The Old Dude's Ticker" by Stephen King, which you can only read in The Big Book of Necon -- a hardcover oversized special edition.

Here's a snippit of Kin g's the introduction from The Big Book of Necon,

"In the two years after I was married, I sold nearly a dozen stories to various men's magazines. Most were purchased by Nye Willden, the fiction editor at Cavalier. Those stories were important supplements to the meager income I was earning in my two day jobs, one as a high school English teacher and the other as an employee of The New Franklin Laundry, where I washed motel sheets. Two of them, however, did not sell... The second was the one that follows, a crazed revisionist telling of Poe’s 'The Tell-Tale Heart...' I hope some of Poe's feverish intensity comes through here... and I hope the master isn't rolling in his grave too much."

The book is $40.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/booth01

No comments:

Post a Comment