Haven: Random Thoughts On "Butterfly"

Wow, Friday nights episode of Haven was great.
  • Nice to have some established characters so the individual stories can begin to unfold. I won't comment on the plot, except to say that I thought it was truly Stephen "Kingish."
  • I think every town needs a preacher who drinks and looks like the devil.
  • Connections to Colorado Kid sandwich the show.
  • What is it about this show that reminds me of Northern Exposure? Might be as simple as Newcomer gets introduced to small town. Or maybe it's the music... probably not.
  • Haven, while having a small town feel, is nicely paced. There are a lot of special effects and is full of action.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I enjoy about the show so far is the sets. Being from Maine myself, I find the town quite believable. (Being filmed much closer in Nova Scotia instead of British Columbia like usual, I guess it makes sense.) For some reason, shows like "The Dead Zone" never screamed Maine to me, even though the show was still enjoyable.

    I'm interested to see how the series is going to unfold and how Audrey is connected to the town. Maybe even what power she might have hiding that she's unaware of. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the pavement on the way in to town. Did I miss something? Why does it fade in and out? I'm sure I missed the explanation.

    ReplyDelete