Under The Dome Exec Insists There Is An End In Sight



Scott Neumyer posted an interview with Neal Baer at Parade.com in which Baer said that they do in fact have an end already planned for Under The Dome.  This is good news, since it means they will be working toward a final event, not left with one episode to suddenly try and explain all the tangled messes they've made.

He also notes that the series never sought to "slavishly" adapt the book.  Boy is that true!  He calls it liberating.  Now when Kubrick didn't stick "slavishly" to The Shining. . . oh well, never mind.

When asked about the relationship between King, Spielberg, Vaughn, Baer said:
the two Stephens are there for support, so they see everything. They read everything. They see all the cuts, but they’re not involved in the day to day. They couldn’t be because Stephen King is writing novels still . . . and Steven Spielberg is directing movies. So they’re there as really great sounding boards for us.

4 comments:

  1. Baer has given several interviews, and in all of them he indicates that he is perfectly pleased with how the first season turned out.

    That makes it difficult for me to take anything he says seriously. So when he says that they have a specific end in mind, not only am I not filled with hope, I have to fight down the urge to assume he is a bald-faced liar.

    I manage it. But only barely.

    Either way, my enthusiasm for this series is negligible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped watching. But will watch all at once on DVD. Like taking medicine. I stopped when well dressed woman showed up as if stepping out of hair salon and created her own version of fight club. At that point I felt the writers didn't want to play by the rules they had created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't spoil anything for you, but I will say this regarding that character: the show has not, as yet, done ANYTHING interesting with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many seasons this will end up with. I hope it doesn't go past 2 or 3. I don't know how long it can be drawn out.

    ReplyDelete