TCM: The Horrors Of Stephen King



AWESOME news! TCM plans to air a documentary featuring Stephen King discussing films that influenced his writing.  This is part of TCM's "Night at the Movies" -- all of which so far have been excellent! 

Stephen King's newsletter reports the following:

Titled "The Horrors of Stephen King," the DreamWorks Television production will premier on October 3rd at 8pm. Topics will include everything from the staple vampire and zombie films of yesteryear to progressive stories of horror, demons and ghosts.
Films to be discussed will include Freaks, Cat People, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Night of the Living Dead, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Jaws, Halloween and The Changeling to name a few.

I LOVE TCM!  They run great films, without commercials.  Also, most movies are usually introduced -- giving background and some neat aspects of the films.  My favorite TCM Documentary is "Watch The Skies" which interviews people like James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas o what influenced them.  Now consider a whole session dedicated to Stephen King.

4 comments:

  1. That "Watch the Skies" documentary was terrific. If this one is anywhere near as good, then we'll all be in for a Halloween-season treat.

    Hopefully, there will also be a DVD/Blu-ray release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did TCM do a DVD of watch the skies? I just watch it over and over on my DVR. , David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if there is a separate DVD for it or not, but I have it as a bonus feature on the 50th anniversary edition DVD of "Forbidden Planet." Which makes me happy every time I see it on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth is, I like all TCM documentaries. And in general, it is my favorite channel.

    ReplyDelete