Cujo And Mars Needs Moms






I watched what might be the worst movie ever the other night -- but the list of possibilities is so long, who really knows.  The movie was "Santa Clause Conquers The Martians."  It ranks up there with Plan 9 From Outer Space.  Really spiffy stuff. 

Tonight my kids and I were watching "Mars needs moms."  At some point I narrowed my eyes and looked up from the computer screen, "Hey!  This is almost the same plot as Santa Clause Conquers the Martians!"  This brought roars of protest from my children.  First, they thought Santa Clause Conquers The Martians was a great movie.  But then, these people will watch reruns of the Smurfs.  Second, they felt Mars Needs Moms was far superior to the Santa movie.  All the same to me, though.  Mars needs Santa -- Mars needs moms. . . you can't tell me someone wasn't making a play on the old film.

Early in Mars Needs Moms the cats name is called.  YEP!  It's Cujo!  Even my children caught it.  That's pretty cool, and definitely gives it grounds to rise far, far, far above Santa Clause Conquers The Martians.

But a cat named Cujo?

3 comments:

  1. A cat named Cujo?!? That's just weird.

    Then again, I have a cat named Action Jackson, so maybe I'm in no position to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Action Jackson doesn't even approach the weirdness of a cat named Cujo . . . judge away!
    --david

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to name a dog Cujo but thought it'd be a little too obvious, you know? Might be funnier to give the Cujo name to a goldfish or something.

    ReplyDelete