Wishing For A Runningman Remake

Zach Oat (The Moviefile) has a fun blog entry titled, "Schwarzenegger Remakes We'd Rather See Than Total Recall." And yes, there are plans in the works for a Total Recall Remake. So, in essence, they are Recalling Recall to make a new Recall. I agree wholeheartedly with Oats on this one, "Blasphemy!"
.
Oats choices for Schwarzenegger remakes we'd rather see include:
  • Twins
  • Commando
  • Red Heat
  • Hercules in New York
  • The Running Man
About The Running Man, Oats writes, "The Running ManWe've suggested a Running Man remake before, but only to more accurately reflect the great Stephen King novella it's based on. In this case, we would stick to the ridiculous American Gladiators-esque storyline, cast Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the lead role, and increase the special effects budget to show a future where the gladiators are turned into actual superheroes, and not just guys wearing hockey gear and Christmas lights."
.
Haha, "christmas lights" that's funny!
.
I don't think budget was the problem. For what it was, I liked the movie. However, I do pine for a Stephen King / Richard Bachman version. See, it's just not the same story! The movie is good, but it's not one bit the one Bachman gave us. I remember being honestly on the edge of my seat as I read that little gem.
.
My review of Running man: http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/search/label/Running%20Man
.
Oats blog entry: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/mwop/moviefile/2011/01/schwarzenegger-remakes-wed-rat.php

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO SEE THE TALISMAN ON THE SILVER SCREEN BEFORE I DIE!

    I'M 54 AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 30 YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bachman's The Running Man + David Fincher = pure cinematic gold.

    The Long Walk + Darabont = awesomeness personified

    ReplyDelete