Blockade Billy Journal 1


As I did with other books, I will not be offering a review of Blockade Billy. Lilja has a very nice one on his website. However, I find it easier to make notes as I read. Imagine the journal entries as a scrapbook, with notes from my favortie things.
.
I like this book. However, like a lot of King's work, it was not love at first sight for me. I'm not a sports fan (come on, I'm a horror fan!). After about three tries, the magic finally fell.
.
Stephen King is the perfect author for a story revolving around baseball. As an avid fan, King writes about something he knows well. His passion bleeds through this story.
.
I really like the narration. It is an old man talking to Stephen King. It is written as if you are King, sitting in the chair listening to every word spoken. Even pauses for drinking water are recorded. And the narrator keeps mentioning King by name. That would get annoying if King did it in every novel, but it's kinda a nice change of pace in this little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment