The Dark Tower Movie



After posting that Warner Bros. had passed on The Dark Tower, Dread Central issued a new article from Uncle Creepy stating not so fast, the Dark Tower might yet rise again.

Dread Central cites Deadline:
Media Rights Capital is in serious talks to take on The Dark Tower after Warner Bros. declined to make what potentially amounts to three feature films and two limited run TV series. 
The article is HERE.

Question: Is the Dark Tower movie  something that still gets King readers excited, or have we become a bit numb to the whole thing?

4 comments:

  1. I'm still excited for what COULD happen. I'm also still skeptical of the end result. Overall, though, I'd say that as long as Ron Howard is potentially involved, I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the Dark Tower series for over 20 years. I can't WAIT to see what happens! I hope we get movies and whatever else Mr. King has in store for this series. It's an EPIC life changing series for me! I have lived by the laws of Roland and his precious tower and the tower does haunt me as it does him! PLEASE make a move or tv series or both! I would like to see how well someone can imitate Roland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thinking on the Tower series is somewhat complex. I'll confess I don't think it will go down as the exemplar of King's writing, and I'm convinced that despite years of labor his heart could never manage to get into all that much due to lack of familiarity or a stable base from which to work with, too much flux.

    I'm also skeptical of the final end result of what the movie will be. I will say this, you don't need Eastwood for the film to work, just maybe someone who's good at channeling the Eastwood vibe in some way.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that there is zero evidence of King's heart not being in the Dark Tower stories. On the other hand, he has continually dropped references to those stories into his work over the course of at least four decades now.

      That seems fairly clear-cut evidence to me.

      Delete