Might Russell Crowe Be Roland Deschain?



The Dark Tower might be back on track !  And, a new Roland is a real possibility.

Mike Fleming at Deadline has posted  news that Akiva Goldsman has given Warner  Brothers a new script for the first installment of The Dark Tower.  A decision to green light the film or not will be made "within two weeks."

And for the big question. .  . who would  be playing Roland Deschain?  How about Russell Crowe?  Fleming writes: "I’m told that director Ron Howard and producers Brian Grazer and Goldsman have been talking with their A Beautiful Mind star Russell Crowe about playing Deschain."

Fleming clariies that there is "no deal with Crowe" at the present time.


My wife gives the "oh yeah" go ahead to Crowe. . . I have no idea why.  She  says he has the "rugged masculinity" that characterizes Roland.  "After all," she declared with a bit  too  much delight, "he was Gladiator."  Oh well, my vote is still for Clint Eastwood.

The full article is at www.deadline.com

15 comments:

  1. Have to agree with your wife. He does have the rugged look. I can definitely see Russell Crowe as Roland!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerard Butler! Come on, can no one see it but me? He's perfect. Rugged masculinity, piercing eyes, and a little bit of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm bummed that Bardem is no longer onboard, but otherwise, this is fine by me; Crowe would make a fine Roland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was rooting for them CG Patrick Swayze in. . . AS EDDIE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrible news. He's terrible. This brings the class/respectability of this movie to about C level now.
    Russel Crowe plays the same guy in every movie. Squinty eyed ham fisted dumb vacant look with mumble words.
    Terrible. His best acting was in SP
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104204/the-russell-crowe-show

    -mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work in "The Insider," "Cinderella Man," and "3:10 to Yuma" says otherwise. He's not one of my favorites, and he wouldn't be my first choice, but he's definitely not terrible. "Terrible" is what you'd get if Adam Sandler got cast in the role, or John Travolta, or Jonah Hill.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. If Jon Hamm got cast in that role, I'd probably implode with glee.

      Delete
  7. Yea Bryant. He's terrible, didn't I just say that? Weird you have to argue.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. (To be honest, I thought you were talking about the comment above regarding Jon Hamm, so I decided to be snarky about it and now I'm trying to cover my tracks! But ssssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone!)

      :)

      Delete