In the clutter of several Stephen King news articles – I found this one in particular interesting. This short piece of news was posted at www.maine.gov by Valerie Osborne, August 8,2012.
During the month of July several Maine libraries received news that they had been awarded grants from the Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation. Once again, Maine libraries are so fortunate to benefit from the generosity of this Foundation. Libraries have shared with us their delight in learning that their library was a recipient of a grant from the Kings in this latest round of awards. Keep in mind that the list includes only those libraries that shared this information with the Maine State Library.
Abel J, Morneault Memorial Library (Van Buren) $20,000 bathroom and entry way renovation
- Edythe Dyer Community Library (Hampden) $10,000 boiler replacement
- Bingham Union Library $6,000 replace furnace
- Lincoln Memorial Library (Lincoln) $1,500 Read it Forward Program
- Treat Memorial Library (Livermore Falls) $25,000 HVAC project
- Millinocket Memorial Library $30,000 to replace windows
- Brownfield Public Library $800 new conference table
- South Berwick Public Library $50,000 shelving for new facility