Hollywoord Reporter Talks CARRIE With Julianne Moore




The Hollywood Reporter has an interview with Julianne Moore, who played Carrie’s mother in the upcoming film.  Thought he article focuses on her portrayal of Sarah Palin, they did eveutally get to the new film version of Carrie.  Filming has wrapped up for the film, and the Hollywood Reporter asked what that experience was like.
Moore: Kimberly Peirce directed it. I love her. She was so specific in exploring the relationship between the mother [Moore's role] and the daughter, played by Chloe Moretz. She allowed me to create something of my own. I took more from Stephen King's novel than Brian De Palma's original movie. In the book, she's a fundamentalist and has her own church. But in the film, she's obviously mentally ill. 
THR: So you're probably not going to, um, look your best in this movie. 
Moore: It's certainly different, my look. . . . I look awful! I have to do a comedy next! I could not wear any makeup -- it's a long way from the red carpet.
The Reporter then asked how nervous she was without the makeup.  Moore responded that she had to let her vanity go to allow the character to work.  She said, “Anyway, with actors, all our ages are out there for all to see -- you can't hide anything, really. And it's kind of a relief. This is my age, this is what I look like without makeup on -- who cares? That youth culture -- that lying about your age -- it's all denial of death anyway.”

The full interview with Julanne Moore is at www.hollywoodreporter.com

5 comments:

  1. She, visually, seems to have made for a good Sarah Palin, but I'd rather make it through life without ever having to see a Sarah Palin movie, so I didn't watch that.

    Looking forward to seeing what she does with Margaret White, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you, Bryant! I coud do without any Sarah Palin movies -- including Sarah Palin playing herself in a reality TV show. How come Hollywood wasn't so excited to inflict Clinton and Gore on us? (I hope they don't!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there WAS a Clinton movie at some point, although I could be misremembering that. As for Gore, there was going to be one, but the screenwriter fell asleep while writing it and has not been heard from since.

      Delete
    2. ahahahahah!!!!
      Actually, Primary Colors was about the Clintons.

      Delete