2007 Nightline Interview


Here's a 2007 interview Nightline did with S.K. The theme of the interview is characters.
.
"I'm always more interested in the people than I am in the monsters."
.
Huh! I'm always pretty interested in those monsters. . . but I know what he's saying. In fact, it's what makes King such a great writer. We don't want Georgie to talk to the monster in the storm drain, even though we are all very interested in the monster.
.
King was quoted as saying, "In my stories, the most important thing is that you see genuine human feeling in the characters in the books, and I want you to care. Whether it's the writer who's chained to the bed in 'Misery,' whether it's the woman with her son trapped in the car in 'Cujo,' or whether it's David Drayton and his little one in the market in 'The Mist.' I want you to care about those people, and I want you to like those people."
.
I enjoyed it a lot. Check the article out here: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3872181&page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment