King Is A Halloween Grinch

www.cbsnews.com/news/



some quotes:
  • "I'm sort of the Halloween Grinch.  It's just like, you get this scary reputation, and you're sort of like the Santa Claus of Halloween."
  • "I started to think, I wonder how many of us are sleeping with strangers and what we really know about the people that we think we're close to."
  • "I sometimes say to people, there are people who have complexes and fantasies and they go to a psychiatrist and they pay $50, $70 an hour," King said. "I do the same thing, and people pay me."
  • (One of my favorite stories) "I was in the grocery store down in Florida, and I came around the corner of the aisle, and there was this elderly woman who was pushing her cart," he said. "And she looked at me and she said, 'I know who you are. You write those scary things, and that may be OK for some people. I respect you, but I don't read things like that.' And I said, 'Well, ma'am, I wrote "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Stand by Me,"' and she said, 'No, you didn't.'" And the woman just walked right past him.
  • "Guys like me, guys who are actors, writers, sculptors, painters, we live by our wits - comedians. I think that what really scares me is, you know, starting to strip my gears a little bit - Alzheimer's, dementia, things like that. I hate the idea of that."
  • (About why Tabby bought the car that  hit him) "The reason she bought it was she was afraid somebody would put it for sale on eBay, so she had it put in a car crusher."

No comments:

Post a Comment