LILJA'S LIBRARY: Aaron Paul A Possible For Eddie Dean



Posted from my favorite Stephen King website, Lilja's Library:

Aaron Paul as Eddie Dean? Well, maybe. This is from Cinema Blend:

We’ve heard this before. But Paul was in Sundance recently promoting a new film, and was asked by Ain’t It Cool News about the Dark Tower books and whether he’d ever been considered for Dean. The character is a strung-out junkie pulled into a mystical realm by the story’s main hero, Roland, a gunslinger. Dean becomes a hero, despite his numerous flaws. Sounds a lot like Jessie, no? Anyway, Paul says that he hasn’t read all of the books (there are seven), but dropped this huge bomb:

Here is what he said...
I've had a ton of meetings on that. I just had a general sit down with Ron Howard, who is a huge fan of the show, which is such a crazy thing to even think that Ron Howard even knows who I am. They're definitely planning on making it. … I'm excited. Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character.

5 comments:

  1. I read this on Bev Vincent's Twitter page and more DT news MRC/Netflix and Imagine with a rumor of Liam Neeson being interested. (Thanks Bev for the great info)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's too old, but if they age everyone up so as to help with the issue of Jake's age, then he'd be just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been picturing him at *that* age for so long, even if they do age Jake, I'd have problems accepting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit, while it's someone like Adam Storch I hear in my head for the voice at least, I have to admit I don't necessarily see a problem with Paul for Eddie.

    That said, you won't believe who Hans Lilja cites for a possible Roland:

    http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=3949

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad Scott Glenn is even older than Liam Neeson - I think Glenn could've nailed the role of Roland, the Last Gunslinger.

    Considering the age - limitations and everything, my choice for Roland is (wait for it):

    Thomas Jane

    ReplyDelete